Wednesday, September 06, 2017

It happens....

...Yes I am a bit weird when I write and in a review I attributed Mansfield Park by Jane Austen at Henry James.

I know that both these two categories, the lovers of Jane Austen and the ones of Henry James sent me to hell :-) for good and obvious reasons. Monsters of modern literature, everyone know them and their most important works.

I know that and that's why I fell in a real panic. Substantially I started to see and hear about Jane Austen everywhere. Hugh Grant last night was on TV in a movie. A screenwriter and professor at the university coping with a lady and teacher in love for Jane Austen. Another lady mentioned Jane Austen. Jane Austen was everywhere. I wanted to break this curse!

I am sure I passed for a naif for using a compliment to myself or someone absolutely ignorant of British and American literature. Well I was born in Italy but I know these authors and I love tremendously love Henry James.


It happens in my strange and weird mental system sometimes...

 I knew which were the correct titles I can tell you this.

Being italian we don't study foreign literature at high school (we did it during the english literature's hours), but I read these two books and other ones as well in my 20s. Plus I have had these two books close to me 'till at recent times. I painted my bedroom only last August.

I don't know why my brain does it sometimes. Recently talking with a friend I told him a neighbor of us worked in Siberia in the American radar-spy many decades ago. Of course it was Alaska. I know where these two places are of course. It happens. I apologize with everyone.

This incident gave me the opportunity of thinking at classics and at their importance in our life and that's why in the future you will see close to the most recent book reviews also some reviews of so-called classics books.

I will start with Washington Square  by Henry James :-)




Anna Maria Polidori

No comments: